Resveratrol is unique among antioxidants because it can cross the blood-brain barrier to help protect your brain and nervous system, and studies show that its benefits are wide reaching, including:
- Protecting your cells from free radical damage
- Inhibiting the spread of cancer, especially prostate cancer
- Lowering your blood pressure
- Keeping your heart healthy and improving elasticity in your blood vessels
- Normalizing your anti-inflammatory response
- Helping to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
Because resveratrol appears to be so effective at warding off many diseases associated with aging, it is often referred to a “fountain of youth” that can extend our lifespan.
Drinking a glass of red wine a day is one of the most important things that you can do other than not-smoking and keeping a healthy weight.
However, can you have too much of a good thing? Drinking more than recommended can have the opposite effect on your appearance and health.
Moderate consumption can be defined as a standard bottle of wine each day, shared between two people, with women advised to drink a little less than men.