Resveratrol is unique among antioxidants because it can cross the blood-brain barrier to help protect your brain and nervous system, and studies show that its benefits are wide reaching, including:
- Protecting your cells from free radical damage
- Inhibiting the spread of cancer, especially prostate cancer
- Lowering your blood pressure
- Keeping your heart healthy and improving elasticity in your blood vessels
- Normalizing your anti-inflammatory response
- Helping to prevent Alzheimer’s disease
Because resveratrol appears to be so effective at warding off many diseases associated with aging, it is often referred to a “fountain of youth” that can extend our lifespan.