- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup red wine Standard R.E.W The Wine Doctor Shiraz Wine
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken breasts; coat chicken with flour. In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from Dutch oven; place on plate. Set aside.
- In same Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add The Wine Doctor Shiraz wine; cook until reduced in half.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth and oregano. Place chicken over tomatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 20 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut 75 degrees celcius.
- Serve chicken over mashed potatoes or spaghetti, spooning sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with basil and enjoy your chicken cacciatore with red wine.
For full recipe details go to: