Red Wine Truffles & Red Wine Desserts
- 450grams semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup The Wine Doctor Standard Resveratrol Enhanced Red Wine, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature & halved
- 3/4 cup natural unsweetened or Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate in a saucepan. Melt and stir until almost completely melted. Set aside.
- Pour heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisking occasionally, heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Gently begin stirring with a wooden spoon in one direction. Do not forcefully stir. Once the chocolate and cream are completely smooth, gently stir in the wine and butter until combined. Cover with plastic wrap pressed on top of the mixture. Let the ganache mixture sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours, or until it reaches a soft, scoopable consistency.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside. Pour the cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Remove the ganache from the refrigerator. Measure 1 teaspoon, roll between your hands into a ball, roll in the cocoa powder, and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the ganache. For pretty presentation, roll some truffles more heavily in the cocoa than others. Serve immediately or cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. They are best served cold! This is just one of the most famous red wine desserts, we will keep adding more with time.
For full recipe details go to: