Vegetarian red wine gravy Recipe
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp flour
- 400ml The Wine Doctor Shiraz Standard R.E.W
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. When hot, add the onions, carrots, celery and bay, and cook gently for 10-15 mins until soft. Remove the bay leaves.
- Add the flour and cook for 3-4 mins until brown. Add the wine little by little, stirring constantly, and then add the stock. Once fully incorporated, simmer for 5-10 mins until the gravy has thickened. Strain through a sieve, stir through the tomato paste and season to taste.
For full recipe details go to: